Pittsburgh businesses that cater to the dark underground.
- Eide’s Entertainment has been a staple of the alternative community in Pittsburgh for many years, selling music, comics, and much more. Jim Semonik of Distortion Productions has been maintaining the goth/industrial section for almost as long. On Penn Ave in the Strip District (very close to downtown).
Clothing and Accessories
- The Weeping Glass Curiosity shoppe in Pittsburgh’s Allentown neighborhood specializing in odd art, unusual gifts, natural history, strange antiques, and sadness.
- Slacker has long been a mainstay in the local goth/punk/fetish scene. They have clothing, zines, hair dye, and various accessories for alternative lifestyles. On E. Carson in the South Side.
- Out of the Ordinary: Music, movies, games, and gifts for punk, metal, surf, and horror fans, in Glassport.
- Black Hearts Clothing is a Pittsburgh-owned, online, alternative fashion store featuring a variety of all-steel corsets, new PVC and vinyl clothing, and a changing inventory of skirts, dresses, stockings and digital print leggings.
- PrettyPerverse is an Etsy shop selling spooky lingerie. It’s run by a Pittsburgh
“reclusive metalhead, bookworm, horror addict and smut devotee.”
- Lunasea Salon and Day Spa is a goth owned/operated full service salon specializing in hair styling, manicures/pedicures, facials, and waxing. On 15th St in the South Side.
- Pearl Aesthetic Perfecting Studio is a goth owned/operated salon specializing in facials and manicures/pedicures. On Armandale in the Mexican War Streets.
- Alter Ego Body Art Studio is a goth owned/operated tattoo and piercing studio in Castle Shannon.
- Black Forge Coffee House believes in “community inspired by music, art, espresso, and local culture, with everlasting devotion to the trve metal and coffee grinding gods.” On Arlington Ave. in Allentown.
- Rickert & Beagle is a bookstore with the tagline, “perfectly strange. strangely perfect.” They specialize in odd, dark, and eccentric books. On West Liberty in Dormont.
- Hocus Pocus has been around for a long time, offering occult accoutrements, oils and fragrances, psychic readings, and henna body art. Located on Meyran Ave in Oakland.
- Moonstones is an occult store that offers anything from readings to rune stones to incense, or gatherings for various alternative religions. “We carry everything you need to feed your Spirit.” In Castle Shannon.
- Trundle Manor: An art house/gallery/performance space filled with “jarred animals, antique taxidermy, things for which to murder with, old world charm, sadistic medical devices, coffins and coffin-like items, steampunk-influenced creations, cryptozoology, and any other thing your twisted mind will want to look at.”